SCIRP Mobile Website
Paper Submission

Why Us? >>

  • - Open Access
  • - Peer-reviewed
  • - Rapid publication
  • - Lifetime hosting
  • - Free indexing service
  • - Free promotion service
  • - More citations
  • - Search engine friendly

Free SCIRP Newsletters>>

Add your e-mail address to receive free newsletters from SCIRP.

 

Contact Us >>

WhatsApp  +86 18163351462(WhatsApp)
   
Paper Publishing WeChat
Book Publishing WeChat
(or Email:book@scirp.org)

Article citations

More>>

Boboye, B. and Alabi, O.J. (2011) Effect of monoculture fermentation on the proximate composition and sensory properties of a Nigerian indigenous rice (Oryza sativa “IGBIMO”). HUFood and Nutrition SciencesUH, submitted.

has been cited by the following article:

  • TITLE: Regulation of glucose and protein syntheses by Micrococcus luteus during the fermentation of a Nigerian rice, Oryza sativa variety “Igbimo”

    AUTHORS: Bolatito Esther Boboye, Ibiyemi Olufisayo Daramola

    KEYWORDS: Regulation; Glucose; Protein; Micrococcus Luteus; Rice Fermentation

    JOURNAL NAME: Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, Vol.2 No.4, August 16, 2011

    ABSTRACT: Micrococcus luteus synthesises glucose and protein during the fermentation of a Nigerian rice. To regulate the formation of these substances, mutation was carried out with an alkylating agent: ethylmethyl sulphonate (EMS). Screening the mutants generated for the levels of the traits expressed, four major groups were obtained. These are poor, moderate, good and super producers of either glucose or protein. They produced the properties at 0 - 1.00, 1.01 to 1.99 (moderate) and 2.0 to 2.99 (good) and 3.0 and above (super) mg.mL–1 of each substance. The classes were made up of 37, 40, 20 and 3 mutants for glucose production and 13, 35, 40 and 12 mutants for protein synthesis. The wild strain bacterium made 0.86 mg.mL–1 glucose and 1.2 mg.mL–1 protein describing the M. luteus as poor glucose maker and moderate protein producer. It was also noticed that the mutation caused some variants (25%) to form more glucose than protein; the remaining 75% of the population are made up of two sets viz: mutants having better ability to synthesise protein at higher concentrations than glucose and those that formed about the same amounts of the substances. It thus follows that the glucose and protein productions in M. luteus are genetically based and can be regulated by genetic manipulation.